To Infinity and Beyond… on a Zip-line!
Looking for a thrilling, high flying adventure? Interested in a birds eye view of incredible canyons, forests and streams? Then a tour on the WestCoast Wild Adventures Zip-line is in order for you! Located on the Pacific Rim Hwy between Port Alberni and Tofino/Ucluelet, this is the perfect adrenaline day trip for Vancouver Island residents during travel restrictions, and a do-not-miss adventure stop for tourists when travel bans are lifted.
Here is everything you need to know on how to enjoy a WestCoast Wild Zip-line Adventure. If you need more persuading, take a look at their astounding 95% of 5 ★★★★★ reviews on TripAdvisor.
Price: Starting at $99
Booking: Reservations recommended, Book online or call 1-877-992-9453
“Amazing Zip Wire Adventure – We had a brilliant time completing the zip wire route through beautiful forests and over breathtaking gorges. The instructors were excellent and really encouraged our two children, who grew in confidence before our eyes. It was also wonderful to learn about this scared, special natural place. Thanks guys- such a fun adventure!” — Kate W. | TripAdvisor
What to Expect on your Zip-line Experience
Starting out with a short hike to the first zip-line, guests will be led by an experienced WestCoast Wild Adventures Guide. Guides will assist in getting adventurers safely harnessed and on their way. They will also be taking the time to educate guests on the local history, culture and diversity that makes the experience so unique. Guests will fly along the Kennedy River at heights of around 25ft (7.62m) secured in a safety harness. The harness will keep guests safely secured to the zip-line and allow them to spread their arms wide or even hang upside down should they feel extra adventurous! At the end of each zip-line a guide will be there to assist in safely dismounting riders and continue guiding them to their tour.
- Number of Zip-lines: 6
- Longest Zip-line: 400m (1,312ft)
- Shortest Zip-line: 200m (656ft)
- Approximate Zip-line Height: 25 ft (7.62m)
“Spectacular – Everything! Staff were awesome. The zip lines safe and amazing! A must do for everyone, the scenery was phenomenal, the staff were well versed with local knowledge of the lands and super friendly.” — Pete B. | TripAdvisor
Know Before You Go
- Guests must be over 65 lbs (29.5 kg) and not more than 270 lbs (122.5 kg).
- Reservations are strongly recommended. Walk ins may be accommodated based on availability. Vancouver Island residents only during travel restrictions.
- Make sure to bring a comfortable pair of close toed-shoes. For safety and environmental reasons, no sandals or flip-flops are permitted.
- Wear light functional outdoor clothing that won’t get caught in the line or restrict your vision. Long shorts or pants may help with comfort between your skin and the safety harness.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled tour departs to ensure time for preparation.
- Please allow an hour travel time from Port Alberni or 90 mins from Tofino or Ucluelet. Remember to check highway schedules.
WestCoast Wild Adventures will provide the rest of the safety equipment. All along the way Guides will also be checking guest’s safety equipment as they mount the zip-lines.
How To Get There
Located on the Kennedy River in the traditional territory of the Tla-o-qui-aht people, WestCoast Wild Adventures is just 48 mins from Port Alberni (map) and is easily accessible by car. Cell phone coverage in this area may be intermittent so it is best to have directions saved before you go. The Pacific Rim Hwy is a beautiful and picturesque drive but the roads can be windy and with limited visibility it is best to take extra caution if travelling at night.
“Awesome Zip-lining! – Zip-lining with this company way exceeded my expectations!! The zips were stunning, safe, and tons of fun!! The staff was friendly, professional, and knowledgeable! And the experience was so much more than just the zipping, but also an educational tour. I highly recommend this experience!” — Islandgirl | TripAdvisor
For more information please visit WestCoast Wild Adventures website.